Monday, July 15, 2019
Four Winds Forecast
Greetings Dearly Beloved Philadelphia District Pastors and Partners:
(Please read carefully and prayerfully and thoroughly for inspiration and information. Pretty please.)
4 Winds / Here below are 4 Updates Blowing in these Summer Breezes of 2019 — Pastor Kerry
- 4 WINDS / UPDATE #1. It’s Summertime. As, I write, I am at my 4th Camp of the Summer; this time as speaker at Pleasant Ridge Holiness Campground in Harrisonville, PA. Altars were lined with broken seekers Sunday and an undeniable move of the Lord is underway. I sensed the same move at our NYI Camp at Camp Orchard Hill, at the Philadelphia Family Camp, and Naz Children’s Camp at Refreshing Mountain.
Summertime is a season for God to work in our lives and also a time to recapture some Sabbath rest in our lives. I testify all of that is underway aboard the Four Winds. Praise Jesus.
4 WINDS / UPDATE #2. A few weeks agowe were pleasantly surprised at the awesome support shown for the Philadelphia District Family Campmeeting Gathering Rebirth and Remix at Cape May, NJ. It was a season of connection, healing, worship, sharing, caring, celebrating and transformation.
One evening 25 district pastors were present. I was blown away. Thanks especially to John Sharpless, our Camp Director, and the Camp Team. Also, thanks to the Erma Camp Board for working with us, and to all who attended, gave, and/or were with us in prayer.
We have scheduled the same week for 2020, Lord willing, June 28-July 4. Mark your calendars. No obligation, only opportunity.
4 WINDS / UPDATE #3. Our Familiar Grounds Gathering happens again on Wednesday, Sept. 25, 10 a.m. – Noon at Media Church of the Nazarene. Please mark your calendar and plan to join us for Communion and Connection — Yes, Bread, Cup and Friendship. We really do need each other. Let us grow up in intimacy together, not shrink back in isolation alone. Let’s be found leaning in as best we can. This is about invitation, not intimidation.
4 WINDS / UPDATE #4. It’s Summertime. My dear friend and pastor of Jerusalem Church of the Nazarene, Rev. Shahade Twal and his family of five, will be touring the district July 26-August 11, 2019.
- July 26, Friday evening, Erma Camp Interview
- July 28, Sunday Morning, Ephrata Grace Point, PA
- July 28, Sunday Evening, Lancaster, PA
- July 30, Tuesday Evening, Millville, NJ
- July 31, Wednesday Evening, Seashore, Cape May, NJ
- Aug, 2, Friday Evening, Brookside (Macungie, PA)
- Aug, 4, Sunday Morning, Twin Hills, Montoursville, PA
- Aug. 4, Sunday Evening, Mifflinburg, PA
- Aug. 6, Tuesday Evening, West Chester, PA
Friday, Aug. 9, Friday Evening at Crossroads for local
Church Campmeeting Days, Lewisburg, PA area (Call church for details.)
Sunday, Aug. 11, Sunday Morning, Lansdale Immanuel, PA
- A RE-REMINDER:
* Note CHANGES below about upcoming PCDC Gatherings…
- All New Sessions of PCDC will begin at 9:30 a.m. instead of 9 a.m. We will conclude at 12:30 p.m. Lunch can be ordered off the menu as you choose at The Village Cafe. No lunch buffets will be planned going forward, but the cafe is glad to serve us. The chef salad and the soup and the sandwiches are in one word: “Marvelous!”
Beginning with our January 2020 PCDC Gathering, based on input we have received, we are moving from Mondays to Thursdays.
Breakfast will be provided by John Sharpless through 2019. Beginning January 2020 breakfast can be purchased in The Village Cafe before each session begins.
- Calendar for next PCDC Series:
- Monday, Oct. 7, 2019, 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 4, 2019, 9:30 a.m.
- Monday, Dec. 2, 2019, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Mar. 5, 2020, 9:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Apr. 2, 2020, 9:30 a.m.
(*NO PCDC MAY, District Assembly)
- Thursday, June 4, 2020, 9:30a.m.
Finally, Philadelphia District Nazarenes, Kim and I are blessed to partner alongside each one of you.
Remember, you are beloved and believed in. Between us, let there only be love, friendship and forgiveness. If we have failed our any one of you in any way, please forgive us and pray for extra for us. We have no agenda only an allegiance to Jesus and to you. We have totally surrendered our human preference for His Holy Presence.
Your wholehearted prayers for us as we journey across the district in the Four Winds are beyond earthly value to estimate. Your kindnesses are so very appreciated! We are debtors to the Nazarene, the Nazarenes, and everyone else… because of our Lord and you, His Church.
Deo Volente — whatever God wants.
Pastor Kerry and Kim Willis
* Some More 2019 Calendar Dates Looking Ahead…
* July 19-28, Erma Holiness Association Campmeeting, NJ
* Aug. 17-19, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Pennington Grace, NJ
* Aug. 30-31 NYI Back-to-School / Camel Back Resort
* Sept. 10, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PK leading “Lordship Living” Workshop #2: “The Actual (Season/Campaign) of Lordship/Stewardship” / Royersford
* Sept. 10, Next DAB Meeting / Royersford
* Sept. 15-17, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Selinsgrove, PA
* Sept. 22-24, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Ephrata Grace Point, PA
* Sept. 25, 10 a.m. – Noon, Familiar Grounds Gathering, Media, PA.
* Sept. 28, Begins 11 a.m. / Word in Action presents Gospelrama / Center City Philadelphia / A Main Event
* Oct. 1-3, Dr. David Busic will be speaking at the Mid-Atlantic District’s Pastors & Spouse’s Retreat at Ocean City, MD. We are welcome to attend. You would need to register with the Mid-Atlantic District Office.
* Oct. 7, * PCDC #1, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Oct. 11-13 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Fairview Mountain, PA
* Oct. 27-29 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Oxford
* Nov. 2, 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. / NMI Training Day, Brookside (Macungie, PA)
* Nov. 3-5 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Lansdale, is PA Immanuel
* Nov. 4, PCDC #2, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Nov. 22-23 MAC, Black Mountain Retreat Center
* Dec. 2, PCDC #3, 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Dec. 14 District Pastors & Leaders Christmas Brunch, Ephrata Grace Point, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Mark your calendars now. Don’t miss Christmas with your District Family.) Saturday
Presence Matters Most!
No Invisible People! UNITY!
Pastor Kerry Willis
Church of the Nazarene
“Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”
Rev. 22:20b GW