January 20, 2020,
FOUR WINDS FORECAST
Dearest Philadelphia District Family — Pastors and Leaders:
I pray deeply, even now, that you will know intimately the beauty of our Lord’s holy presence in your life, in your family, and over your ministry. Amen.
I’d like to share with you 10 quotes that have touched my heart recently, in hopes that in someway they will also touch yours:
1. “When Jesus says, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life,” we can trust Him with total confidence and be excited and grateful, too.’”
— Lee Strobel
2. “Holiness, not love, is the greatest thing in the world; for holiness is the basis of love.”
— Oswald Chambers
3. ”And Peter said (to Jesus), ‘We have left our homes and followed You.’ ’Yes,’ Jesus replied, ‘and everyone who has done as you have, leaving home, wife, brothers, parents, or children for the sake of the Kingdom of God, will be repaid many times over — now, as well as, receive eternal life in the world to come.’”
— Luke 18:28-30, Living Gospels
4. “From the time of Cain and Abel sin has been turning family into enemies. But the Prince of Peace has come to turn enemies into family.”
— Matt and Josh Leroy
5. “We need more daily outliving of the in-living Savior.”
— Vance Havner
6. “We have too often forgotten God’s hatred of sin.”
— Oswald Chambers
7. “He who is devoid of the power to forgive, is devoid of the power to love.”
— Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
8. “God can use our points of pain to help bring healing to others.”
— Joseph Stoner
9. “Prayer is more about the God we pray to than the exact words we pray. When we understand this truth, when it sinks in, our prayer life is transformed.”
— Sherry Harney
10. “Purity is best demonstrated by generosity.”
— Luke 11:41, Living Gospels
Here are 3 more immediate upcoming gathering opportunities:
1. Sunday, January 26, 2020 — Date set-aside for most of our district-wide, zone Gethsemane Gatherings for prayer. “Then all the believers united in… prayer.” Acts 4:24, Living Gospels
2. Saturday, February 1, 2020 — 2-4pm, Pennsville, NJ, Church of the Nazarene — Bread, Cup, Friendship. It’s always a sacred get-together. Just show-up or contact Owen White if you have questions.
3. Thursday, February 6, 2020 — 9am – 12:15pm, PCDC, Fairview Village. “Developing Leaders”
* Stay up-to-date by regularly checking out the updated district calendar at philanaz.org and here below are “some” of the calendar dates looking ahead.
God is love and you are loved. pk
* Jan. 26, Sunday evening, Zone Gethsemane Gatherings
* Feb. 1, Saturday, Pennsville, NJ, 2-4 p.m. Familiar Grounds Gathering
* Feb. 6, THURSDAY, PCDC #4, 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Feb. 14, Valentine’s Day
* Feb. 15, Saturday, Holiness Symposium / Royersford
* Feb. 18, Tuesday, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. PK leading “Lordship Living” Workshop #3: “The Advantage (Season/Campaign) of Lordship/Stewardship” / Royersford
* Feb. 18, Tuesday, District Staff and DAB, Royersford
* February 29, Board of Ministry/Royersford
* Mar. 5, THURSDAY, PCDC #5, 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. / Fairview Village
* March 5, Board of Ministry, 1 p.m. until done. / Fairview Village.
* Mar. 17, Tuesday, District Staff and DAB, Royersford
* Mar. 22-24, Pastor Kerry in Revival, Bridgeton, NJ
* Mar. 28, Chaplain’s Luncheon, Noon, Royersford Office, PA
* Mar. 29-Mar. 31, PK Preaching Revival, Bangor, PA
* POSTPONED: Apr. 1, Pre-School/Day Care Directors Appreciation and Resourcing Day at our Riverside Reading, PA.
NOTE: I RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT WE NEED TO POSTPONE THIS APRIL 1 EVENT. IT’S FOR A GOD-REASON. THE PRESENTER, ANGELA KOHL, FOUND OUT OVER THE HOLIDAYS THAT SHE AND HER HUSBAND ARE EXPECTING A BABY. IT WAS A BIG SURPRISE BUT THEY ARE THRILLED, ANYWAY. WE WILL SCHEDULE THE EVENT LATER, LORD WILLING, AND THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING. PLEASE PRAY FOR MY FRIEND, ANGELA!
* Apr. 2, THURSDAY, PCDC #5, 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Apr. 5, PALM SUNDAY
* Apr. 12, EASTER SUNDAY
* Apr. 23, NOTE: THURSDAY, Tentative Date for District Staff and DAB Meetings both as conference calls possibly.
* Apr. 26-28, PK Preaching Revival, LaVelle, PA
* April 30, Conventions and Assembly begin, pm with a Gethsemane Gathering of Prayer and Worship
* Apr. 30-May 2, THE GATHERING — DISTRICT ASSEMBLY AND CONVENTIONS, our Crossroads Church, Lewisburg, PA
* June 4,THURSDAY, PCDC, #8, 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. / Fairview Village
* June 18-21, PK Preaching Revival in Burlington, NJ
* June 28, Philly Campmeeting begins
* June 28-July 5, 2020 Philadelphia District Campmeeting, Erma Campground, Cape May
* July 14 — District Staff and DAB / Conference Call Meetings if necessary
* Aug. 18, District Staff and DAB Meetings
* Sept. 12-14, PK Preaching Revival at Twin Hills, PA.
* Sept. 15, District Staff and DAB Meetings
Sept. 19-21, PK Preaching Revival At New Holland, PA.
* Sept. 23-26, Philly Men’s Retreat TBD
* Sept. 26, Gospelrama, Philadelphia
* Oct. 8, THURSDAY PCDC, 9 a’m. – 12:15 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Oct. 9-11, PK Preaching Revival at Millville, NJ
* Oct 13, District Staff and DAB
* Oct. 14-17, PK’s Project Galilee Leaders Retreat Gathering, Cape May, NJ
* Nov. 1-2, PK Preaching Revival at Pennington Grace, Trenton, NJ
* Nov. 5, THURSDAY, PCDC, 9 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. / Fairview Village
* Nov. 17, District Staff and DAB
* Nov. 20-22, MAC tentative
* Nov. 26, THANKSGIVING DAY
* Dec. 12, District Christmas Gathering, TBA
* Please remember to pray continually for me, your district servant and my beloved wife.
HERE! Presence Matters Most!
No Invisible People! UNITY!
Pastor Kerry Willis
District Servant (Superintendent)
Church of the Nazarene