Greetings Dearly Beloved Philadelphia District Pastors and Partners:
Q-and-A Time with Pastor Kerry:
Q: What are my reflections now that “The Gathering” of our 62nd District Conventions and Assembly have happened?
A: I am beautifully overwhelmed by the faithfulness of our Awesome God. His Presence was undeniable from beginning to end. Every service was like revival to my own soul. To everyone who helped make “The Gathering” happen and to everyone who showed up, thank you so very much! Your kind and encouraging messages of affirmation in the afterglow have been so inspiring. To hear about your personal experiences has blessed my soul. Messages are still coming in. Today, I received this message from a local pastor: “Our local church continued still for a second Sunday in the atmosphere of district assembly.” Praise be to God! Let’s continue to fan the flames of faith, hope and love as we anticipate our Lord to help us keep Him high and lifted up! And let us never forget, “There is love, friendship and forgiveness between us!”
Q: Is there a way we can join together in prayer daily?
A: Sure. It’s simple. Please consider joining me everyday in prayer wherever you are at 4:44 p.m. How does that work? I have set my personal phone alarm to alert me everyday at 4:44 p.m. Why? To remember to pray. Sometimes the subject of my prayer is dictated by where I am, who I am with, or by the events of my day. However, my deep and devoted daily default prayer is centered around those seven words that I highlighted as our renewed district mission and vision focus during my report at “The Gathering”: “PRESENCE MATTERS MOST! NO INVISIBLE PEOPLE! UNITY!” The Lord will honor our partnership and unity in daily prayer. Let us pray, together — One in the Spirit! Also, as Jabez prayed, let us each of us also pray: “Lord, enlarge my territory (for Your glory)!”
Q: When can we meet together as one again, yes, in one location?
A: I am highlighting below three upcoming events on our district calendar. These are our opportunities to be together and soon:
- Familiar Grounds — Friday, May 17, 2019, 2-4 p.m. at Middletown, PA. Rosedale Church. Please come for the continuation of accountability, knowing “we are better together!” This is a set-aside time for love, friendship, forgiveness, inspiration, testimony, encouragement, communion and prayer. Hope to see you. No intimidation only invitation. Lifelong Learning Hours available.
- I will be leading “The Lordship Lifestyle Workshop” at Royersford Church on Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. It is designed to help the local church raise faith and raise funds for the mission, etc. As a local pastor, I also was a stewardship consultant for other local churches and will share practical ideas and tried and true principles I have learned extremely effective along the way. Hope you will come. (If you plan to attend, while it’s not necessary to register, a text message or email saying you will be present will help me logistically. My contact info is at the end of this forecast.) No obligation only opportunity. Lifelong Learning Hours available.
- PCDC resumes on Monday, June 3, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at Fairview Village. Our topic? Conflict Management. It’s gonna be helpful. No pressure all pleasure. Lifelong Learning Hours available.
Finally, I am humbled and grateful for the possibilities that are ours in partnership together. Let’s not go it alone. Isolation leads to destruction.
Please pray for Kim, Lucy, and me as we journey across the district in the Four Winds. Your prayers and kindnesses are so very appreciated! We are debtors to the Nazarene, the Nazarenes, and everyone else!
Remember, you are dearly loved and deeply believed in. — pastor kerry
* Some More 2019 Calendar Dates Looking Ahead…
* May 17 Familiar Grounds, 2-4 p.m. Rosedale in Middletown, PA
* May 18-20 Pastor Kerry in Revival / New Holland, PA
* May 21 Lordship/Stewardship Lifestyle Training Workshop for Local Pastors and Church Leaders led by Pastor Kerry / Royersford, PA 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (A Stewardship Sharpening Session.)
* May 21 DAB, Royersford
* May 25-26 Pastor Kerry preaching Erma Memorial Day Campmeeting / Cape May, NJ
* May 25 noon, Campmeeting Planning Team Meeting / Cape May, NJ
* June 3 PCDC / Fairview Village, PA at 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* June 9-12, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Mifflinburg, PA
* June 24-28 NYI Camp / Dallas, PA
* June 30 p.m. -July 6 a.m. Philadelphia Family Campmeeting Gathering/ Erma Camp, Cape May, NJ (General Campmeeting Questions contact John Sharpless, 857-723-2964, Campmeeting Lodging Questions contact Shannon Gipple, 609-435-4422. Campmeeting Preachers and Teachers Rev. James Spruill and Rev. Linette Thomas, Holiness Teacher, Dr. Charles Gates.)
* July 11-15, Children’s Camp
* July 19-28, Erma Holiness Association Campmeeting, NJ
* Aug. 17-19, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Pennington Grace, NJ
* Aug. 30-31 NYI Back-to-School / Camel Back Resort
* Sept. 15-17, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Selinsgrove, PA
* Sept. 22-24, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Ephrata Grace Point, PA
* Sept. 28 Word in Action presents Gospelrama / Center City Philadelphia / A Main Event
11-13 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Fairview Mountain, PA
27-28 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Burlington, NJ
* Nov. 3-5 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Lansdale, PA Immanuel
* Nov. 22-23 MAC (TBD)
* Dec. 14 District Pastors & Leaders Christmas Brunch, Ephrata Grace Point, 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Mark your calendars now. Don’t miss Christmas with your District Family.) Saturday
Presence Matters Most!
No Invisible People! UNITY!
Pastor Kerry Willis
Church of the Nazarene
“Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”
Rev. 22:20b GW