“Four Winds Forecast” — March 13, 2019
March 13, 2019
Four Winds Forecast
Greetings Beloved Philadelphia District Pastors and Partners:
I pray this Sacred Season of Lent is leading each of us once again to Jerusalem. Yes, we know a Crucifixion happened there, but so did THE RESURRECTION! I embrace Luke 9:51b especially during this Season of Hope — “Jesus steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem.” Let’s remember the journey Jesus made there and spiritually, let’s do the same.
One thing I really miss about the Easter Season is planning for the Remembrance of our Lord’s Passion with a local church staff. Wow! What a blessing to repackage the Gift of Hope year after year and then be privileged to help unwrap it on the journey towards Easter Sunday morning! Pastors, don’t take your calling for granted! And include as many of your people as possible as you prepare for The Sacred Sunday.
Instead of writing a lengthy commentary in this edition of my Four Winds Forecast, I will simply send you my updated calendar below. Please do read the “Personal Note” about my own calendar at the end of this mailing and a short paragraph I asked Kevin Griffin to write at the very end.
I also am sending a link below. It is Rick Warren’s Easter Sunday Checklist that always proved quite practically helpful for me as a local pastor.
As you plan for souls to be saved during this especially holy time of the year, may the undeniable favor of Almighty God be yours.
FYI: My next Four Winds Forecast emailing will be District Assembly focused. But for now, let’s give all of our attention to the essentials leading up to The 2019 Easter Event.
Here’s the link I promised:
If for some reason the link isn’t live from your end, Bing or Google: Easter Checklist: Helping People Feel Welcome, Rick Warren
SOME DATES UPCOMING:
* Mar. 19 Finance Committee 5 p.m., then DAB Meeting / Royersford, PA
* Mar. 24 – 26 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Pennsville, NJ
* Mar. 30 – Chic Shaver Seminar / Lavelle, PA. 9am
* Mar. 28-31 Festival of Life / ENC
* Mar. 31 4 p.m. Darby Agape Church, PA, GS, Dr. Eugenio Duarte from Africa’s Cape Verde Islands will be speaking. Hope some can come!
* Apr. 1 PCDC / Fairview Village, PA at 9 a.m. 1 p.m. (District Assembly Planning Team meeting to follow.)
* Apr. 6 District Ladies Retreat
* Apr. 14 Palm Sunday
* Apr. 16 1-3 p.m. Campmeeting Team Planning Meeting / Royersford, PA
* Apr. 21 Easter / Resurrection Day
* May 2-4 District Conventions and Assembly “The Gathering” at Lansdale, PA & Ordination at Fairview Village, PA Friday Evening. BE THERE!
(More details at PhilaNaz.org)
* May 17 Familiar Grounds, 2-4 p.m. Rosedale in Middletown, PA
* May 18-20 Pastor Kerry in Revival / New Holland, PA
* May 21 Lordship/Stewardship Lifestyle Training Workshop for Local Pastors and Church Leaders led by Pastor Kerry / Royersford, PA 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (A Stewardship Sharpening Session.)
* May 24-26 Pastor Kerry preaching Erma Memorial Day Campmeeting / Cape May, NJ
* May 25 noon, Campmeeting Planning Team Meeting / Cape May, NJ
* June 3 PCDC / Fairview Village, PA at 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
* June 9-12, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Mifflinburg, PA
* June 24-28 NYI Camp / Dallas, PA
* June 30 p.m. –July 6 a.m. Philadelphia Family Campmeeting Gathering/ Erma Camp, Cape May, NJ (General Campmeeting Questions contact John Sharpless, 857-723-2964, Campmeeting Lodging Questions contact Shannon Gipple, 609-435-4422. Campmeeting Preachers and Teachers Rev. James Spruill and Rev. Linette Thomas, Holiness Teacher, Dr. Charles Gates.)
* July 11-15, Children’s Camp
* July 19-28, Erma Holiness Association Campmeeting, NJ
* Aug. 17-19, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Pennington Grace, NJ
* Aug. 30-31 NYI Back-to-School / Camel Back Resort
* Sept. 15-17, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Selinsgrove, PA
* Sept. 22-24, Pastor Kerry in Revival / Ephrata Grace Point, PA
* Sept. 28 Word in Action presents Gospelrama / Center City Philadelphia / A Main Event
11-13 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Fairview Mountain, PA
27-28 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Burlington, NJ
* Nov. 3-5 Pastor Kerry in Revival / Lansdale, PA Immanuel
* Nov. 22-23 MAC (TBD)
* Dec. 14 District Pastors & Leaders Christmas Brunch TBD
* PERSONAL NOTE: If you are wondering how I, Pastor Kerry, schedule my Sundays and Revivals, quite honestly — for the most part — I am simply making good on being present at the churches where invitations have been extended to me.
As you can see above, my schedule is pretty full through 2019 with all local church invitations and I don’t even have all of my Sunday commitments listed, just the revivals, nevertheless, if you really want me to be at your church for a Sunday, a weekday or weekend event, or for a 2-3 day revival in the future, contact me personally and we can secure dates up ahead on the calendar.
I am currently booking spring, summer and fall revivals for 2020. Absolutely, no expectation for an invitation, simply an explanation for a few pastors who have asked when I am coming to their church for a Sunday visit, etc. I might just show up unannounced, but probably not, as I struggle greatly with omnipresence.
Remember, in addition to Melanie Cook and Sue Andrews being available in the District Office, also Brother BW Hambrick, Brother Kevin Griffin, and Brother Byron Hannon are all-in serving alongside me on your behalf. Feel free to contact any of these three men of God at any time. They gladly show up at the local churches weekdays and or weekends by either your invitation, my request, or as the Lord leads them.
Brother David Hernandez is also available to do Spanish-speaking vision consulting, etc. as needed.
Finally, Brother Trevor Oates diligently oversees our overhauled web page PhilaNaz.org so be sure to frequent that resource.
Humbled. Grateful. We are surely better together.
Your prayers and partnership is so very appreciated! I am a debtor!
Presence Matters Most!
That is… Presence. Unity. Souls. Love.
Pastor Kerry Willis
Church of the Nazarene
“Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!”
Rev. 22:20b GW
Mobile 540-607-0077 (Text or Call)
I asked Kevin Griffin to write a few words about a recent teen retreat he was invited to speak at. Here it is:
“On the weekend of March 3rd-5th, a group of teens and adults who love teens gathered in the woods in central PA to seek Jesus. A wintry and beautiful place, a sacred space, where God’s grace was extended to us. Relationships were strengthened through food, games, fellowship, prayer, worship, and communion. The theme for our time together focused on what does God our heavenly Father think about when he thinks about us. He loves us and he is faithful.” — Kevin Griffin, District Connections Partner/Coach