District Prayer Letter
Dear Prayer Partners,
As I write this prayer letter I am privileged to represent you at the 29th General Assembly of the Church of the Nazarene in Indianapolis, Indiana. This will be my last opportunity to serve as an elected delegate and this General Assembly has been a very special time. We have elected two new General Superintendents due to the retirement of Dr. Porter and Dr. Warrick. Dr. Filimao Chambo, African Regional Director, was elected as the 42th General Superintendent of the Church of the Nazarene. Dr. Carla Sunberg, President of Nazarene Theological Seminary, was elected as the 43rd General Superintendent of the Church of the Nazarene. Dr. Carla Sunberg, President of Nazarene Theological Seminary, was elected as the 43rd General Superintendent. The worship services and even the business sessions have been characterized by such a beautiful spirit of unity and presence of the Lord. I don't believe it is just coincidence that this assembly has been bathed in extraordinary times of prayer both prior and during the gathering. Once again, it demonstrates that prayer works! Therefore...
- Please continue to pray for Rev. Lou and Shirley Gatti (Williamsport, PA) and their son, David.
- Pray for Cape May, N.J. Seashore Church of the Nazarene
- Continue to prayer for Trisha, Daughter of D.S. Newell & Anne Smith. She continues to make progress for which we are most grateful.
- Please remember Eastern Nazarene College in Prayer. Pray especially for a strong enrollment this fall.
- Pray for the remaining camp programs this summer including the basketball camps at Stenton Park and the SundayBreakfast Mission.
- Pastor Jim Stonelake (Northfield, N.J.), who recently lost his dad. Remember his family in prayer.
Finally, may we continue to emphasize the need for a 21st Century Pentecost that is needed in our world today. God's Spirit is moving!
His for the Kingdom,